Saturday, January 29, 2011

Choo! Choo!



This painting was made for a sweet little boy, who, as his mom describes, drew the short end of the stick.  His mom had sent me an email the other night, looking for another art company because her son loves art!  Her son, Braden, has what is called ataxia-telangiectasia (don't ask how to pronounce that!)...also known as A-T.  It is basically having muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, cancer, and an immune deficiency disorder all in one..rare, progressive, and terminal.  Could you only imagine? (Her son is only going on four.)  

In her email, she had sent me the link to her website, so I took a look.  As I was glancing through the website, I ran across Braden's 'Bucket List.'  Many of the items had something to do with trains..going to Thomas Land, driving a steam engine, ride the Polar Express, and riding a bullet train.  As my boyfriend and I were looking through Braden's blog..we both thought that I should do something that might just put that big smile on Braden's face.  So.. I decided to combine Braden's love for trains (and the color yellow), and my love for art..and there you go..you have a painting with a train!

I encourage everyone to take a look at Braden's blog and read his story:  http://bradenwinks.wordpress.com/

No comments: