Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Cross Design

My first painting I ever created was a cross, so I naturally love painting crosses!  They are so pretty, especially with the right color combination.  I decided to change up one of my designs a little bit and I love it!  I kept the polka dots and the outlining of the cross the same, but I added the ribbon in the middle of the cross, because I LOVE ribbon!  (When I go to Hobby Lobby, and I am picking out my ribbon..I will stand there for a good 10 minutes picking out the perfect pattern to match my painting)  But with this painting, I kept it simple.  Usually I add a ribbon to hang the canvas, but I thought it might be a tad too much to have ribbon on top AND ribbon in the middle..but who knows, it might actually look pretty good!  (I also just didn't have a ribbon that matched well with these colors!)




Also, if you remember from my last post, I am working on a set of four 8x8 canvases from the Laurie Gate dinnerware that my mom purchased.  Well here is #2!




No comments: