Tuesday, May 31, 2011

You know...

The hardest part of blogging to me is coming up with a title for my post.  Sometimes, I just sit and stare at the screen for minutes before coming up with something to title my posts with!  On the other hand, I cannot believe how much painting I have gotten done these past couple of weeks!  It is probably the first time I am able to work on my stock for future craft shows/street festivals.  

I absolutely love everything about this painting.  As some of you can probably guess, my favorite part is the ribbon.  As I have said before, I have a true obsession over ribbon!  They can do so much for a painting, and it is all just so darn cute!  I probably spent ten minutes at Hobby Lobby today trying to decide on the ribbon I wanted to use for this painting.  Usually I use two strands of ribbon, but this time I decided on three and I think I really...really like it!  (Especially when I get request for really girly/cutesy paintings!)



This next painting actually came from an idea off of a gift bag.  For some reason, this past week, all of my creative juices cranked up and I have so many new ideas and have been inspired by so many random things from around the house, in stores, and shopping for my baby niece!  I am excited to try this painting out with different colors and different types of ribbon!


Tomorrow I am heading back down to Tuscaloosa for the day.  It still takes my breath away to see my town of four great years..totally devastated.  The Hobby Lobby that really got my business going and I spent so many hours at..is gone.  It is funny that I was there the morning of the tornado, for the last time.  The one thing that still amazes me is how my apartment complex is the only thing standing in its area.  I have been told by many people that obviously there is a reason I am still here and I plan on finding that reason and not letting anyone down.  Whether it has 
to do with my paintings - or maybe changing children's lives through teaching - I am not going let anyone down!

I promise!

1 comment:

Alex Wong said...

We know very well with the hardest part of blogging to me is coming up with a title for my post. It is funny that I was there the morning of the tornado, for the last time.