Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lets Hear It For the Boys

This month has been all about boy paintings & I love it!   It's always hard for me to leave off all of the cute, girly stuff like polka dots and rhinestones, but I figured he wouldn't appreciate those as much as others ;)


One aspect of this painting that I really love is the checkerboard.  The two gray colors are so close, that it is hard to see the checkers from far away, but up close, I think they look really good.  There is just some slight shading here and there to help them pop out a bit. 


And because we are on such a "Roll Tide" roll..


Okay - if you are into any crafts that have to do with paint - Let. Me. Tell. You!..
  Michael's - I hardly ever shop there, I am more of a Hobby Lobby girl.  But I was in desperate need of a canvas on Sunday, and of course, Hob Lob is closed, so I headed out to Michael's.  I was just cruising around the store (which by the way, probably had about 100 people in there, no joke, I don't know what the deal was), checking things out, and I stumbled across the paint aisle.  Before I say more...


This. Happened.
I have never been so excited over painting supplies.  They had the smaller bottles of paint (in all different brands) marked down to 29 cents.  But that is not the best part.  The big babies of paint. 50 cents.  Let me say that again.  50 cents.  Usually those suckers run around 5 bucks a piece.  I know I had a smile on my face when I was tossing bottles left and right into my basket!  



No comments: