Tuesday, July 5, 2011

William Abel

This little boy's canvas was designed around a bedding with a teddy bear holding a sailboat (but I don't have a picture of the bedding! :(  Since I did not have the bedding, and it was for a baby boy (!!) I decided to keep it simple.  Stripes are just about as simple as you can get, right?


Adding the baby's birth information is a great idea!  I decided to try this canvas with the information on a separate canvas.  That way, if they decide they don't want the information (once the baby gets older) they can still keep the name, but just tuck the smaller canvas behind it.   Great idea, huh?

Here are a few more close ups of each canvas



Speaking of painting, you all know that I am getting into refinishing furniture, right?  Well, I just had to share a find that I am so so excited about! 
This is an old stereo cabinet I found at one of our local thrift stores.  It is in great condition, beautiful solid, dark wood.  Not to mention the beautiful decoration on front.  I. Am. So. Excited.  

(ignore all the other junk piled on top of it!)

To make me even more excited, a man, who has taken apart hundreds of these things, said it is a great stereo brand and still works!  


I cannot wait to show you the finished project!


No comments: