Thursday, August 25, 2011

Alabama Door Hanger

If you remember from a few weeks ago, I did a post (Here!) on a different version of the elephant painting that I do a lot of for teachers.  This is a version that would look great as a door hanger.  I use two canvases, one to show your team spirit, and the other to display your name.  Okay - enough talking, here is the picture!


After I posted the picture on Facebook I realized that I put the canvas on a white door - well, we have a red door and it would have showed up a lot better on the red door!  But anyways, you get the idea!  

The same person who ordered this canvas also really liked the Alabama dot painting.  Well she had an awesome idea, she asked if the canvas would work to put pins through, to hang pictures.  So, after discussing options, I told her I'd try it out on a piece of cork board.  I have never painted on cork board and I wasn't quite sure if it was going to work the same, but luckily, I think it turned out awesome and was such a great idea.  

The one thing I probably love the most about this, is the frame.  The cork board I purchased, which was 17x23, had a wooden frame that already came with it, so I thought if I painted it black, it'd stick out more than a white or red frame.  A simple 2 for 1 deal!



No comments: