Monday, August 8, 2011

Crayon Art

While browsing Pinterest for the millionth time, I found this neat idea.  It was so easy, simple, cheap, and awesome.  Who knew that melted crayons could make such awesome art!?


All you need to make this is: canvas, crayons, hot glue gun, and a blow dryer.  

Now, I saw a few different versions of this - some people peeled the paper off of the crayons, and some people left it on - it is totally up to you
I chose to take the paper off.  Let me just tell you, my fingers are killing me.  Next time, I definitely think I will just leave the paper on - it will save time, not kill my fingers, and still look awesome!
The next step is to get your crayons in the pattern you plan on gluing them down.  Once you have your spacing and color pattern figured out, all you do next is glue each crayon.  


Once the crayons are all glued on, I placed the canvas in the hot car for about 30 minutes, to let the crayons sweat and get soft.  The next and last step is the blow dryer.  I blasted it on the hottest and fastest setting and held a couple of inches away from the crayons.  They will start melting and begin creating your masterpiece!  All that is left is to find a funky colorful frame to put around it.  Off to the thrift store!...






No comments: