Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Welcome

This is a large wooden plaque that I found on a clearance aisle at Old Time Pottery.  It was not a picture that I think anyone would hang in their house, so I primed it, painted it, and turned it into my own art.  I have fallen in love with this red color called "Tompte Red" by Ceramcoat.  I don't know why I am so drawn to this color but I find it to be beautiful! I have also fallen in love with the color scheme of red with blue and turquoise accent colors, so I thought I'd play with that color scheme a little.


I would have liked there to have been more turquoise, but the paper selection in that color was very limited.  But I still really like the blue and green tones with this red!



I cut out the hearts and the welcome with my Cricut and glued them on with ModPodge and then sealed it all up!  This is currently available at $25.

No comments: