Sunday, September 11, 2011

Owen

This past Thursday evening, I finally became an aunt to the beautiful Kayla Madison!  She weighed in at 6 pounds, 11 ounces, and 19 inches.  We have been waiting for her arrival for a very long time and are so blessed to have her in our lives!  She is such a precious angel!





This painting was finished, for the most part, back in the summer to have ready for a baby shower.  The lucky mommy had her baby boy in August, and I finished up the painting with the baby's name, Owen, and his birth information.  I was sent many pictures of things used in the nursery and the rest was up to me to coordinate the painting with the pictures.  I always have so much fun matching paintings with nurseries!

These are 2 of the pictures that I used to come up with the canvas layout.  I took a few dots from this painting to add the baby's information in.   

I absolutely LOVE these wall decals!  They are the cutest things!  When I first saw a picture of these, I knew that I wanted to use them in someway on the painting.  




(The monkeys are definitely my favorite!)


The completed canvas



This is a painting idea that I wanted to play around with and see how it'd turn out.  It't more of an abstract painting, but I still love how it turned out!  I think it'd be a great piece to hang over a couch or a bed with a frame.  I also love the color of background - Robin's Egg Blue - one of my favorites!  





This canvas is a 16x20 and is currently available at $30. 




No comments: