Saturday, November 12, 2011

Word Work

I think it is safe to say that my elephant Alabama paintings are probably, by far, my most popular item. I have been wanting to try out some 'wood work' lately because I feel that is all I see at craft shows {along with burlap items}  Now don't get me wrong, just because I see so much doesn't mean I don't like it..in fact, I have loved everything I have seen lately!  So much, that I had to try it for myself.  And.. that is where the elephants come into play.  I needed a simple pattern that I could draw out on the wood and that my handy-dandy brother could easily cut it out.  My elephants are probably one of the most simple things I draw out when painting - and that is how this new item was born....


This elephant is cut out of a thin, lightweight wood.  I painted it and sealed it.  I would have to say that the tail is my fav.  I took three pieces of thin rope, braided them, and painted them.


Usually, I am the type that never likes any of my finished products because I always find something I don't like about it.. but after I finished this little cutie, I couldn't stop smiling!

Don't forget to get your Christmas orders in!  {They are already starting to stack up!}  You have until November 25 to get any Christmas orders in!!

Roll Tide! 


No comments: