Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chevron Pattern

Well, it is half way through January already, and I feel like I have been really lazy this month {in the painting department}.  December was such a rush and having to get all my Christmas orders done wore me out!  So, this month I decided to take it slow, and just work on a few stock items for later down the road.

The last post,  I left you with the cute little yarn letters.  I did 2 more in different color combinations and I just can't get enough of these little suckers.  Love them to pieces!



Now, one of my favorite 'themes' for painting is baby nurseries.  I love me some baby decor.  A friend is expecting her first little one in February.  She is going to name him Anderson!  She found his bedding on Etsy, and it is adorable!  It is a pale blue and brown color combo with Chevron and Elephants.  You can find the link to it here!

We were brainstorming some ideas for a hospital door hanger, and came up with this idea...



I took my Alabama Elephant Door Hanger, and turned it to a hospital hanger.  BUT...the awesome thing about it is - one side you can use at the hospital, and the other side you can use at home in the nursery! {How convenient!}

I have a new found love for this Chevron design that was in the bedding, so I threw in this piece to go along with the bedding!



I am really looking forward to making some more pieces using the Chevron pattern.  What are some funky fun color combos you'd like to see?

No comments: